The multiple health benefits of prunes have established them as a superstar fruit.
Superstar Fruit Achieves International Status
Plums, known by their more familiar name of “prunes,” are grown almost entirely in the U.S., with 70 percent of the
world’s supply coming from California. The multiple health benefits of plums have established them as a superstar in
the category of fruit. They are a rich source of fiber and contain important nutrients including potassium, vitamin
C and K, and are rich in minerals including iron. They also include a compound that has high antioxidant activity.
The antioxidant content of fresh plums doubles when they become prunes.
A Great Health And Beauty Aid
Over the years, a number of studies have demonstrated that including prunes into the daily diet can:
- Increased bone health—particularly for post-menopausal women and a growing population of at risk men (approximately 12 million)
- Reduce LDL cholesterol
- Helps protect against some forms of cancer
- Decreases colon cancer risk factors
- Reduce the severity of inflammatory conditions such as asthma, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis
- The soluble fiber of prunes helps normalize blood sugar levels and can play a valuable role in the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Natural appetite suppressant
- Four prunes a day is as good for your skin as any anti-wrinkle cream!
Mornin’ Glory 100% Organic Prune Extract - “Miracle In A Jar”
International health and flavor sensation—Organic Prune Extract—offers a number of health and tasty uses:
- Two teaspoons a day of prune extract provides a generous amount of nutrients
- Antioxidants, fiber and other health benefits, and can slow the aging process
- A good dietary fiber digestive aid
- A delicious topping for ice cream or shredded ice
- Baby food mixture
- As a jam/spread on toast, pancakes and waffles
- When diluted with water, the extract can make prune juice in varying degrees of flavor for babies to adults
- Excellent fat/oil substitute in baking
- Flavorful compliment to tea, coffee and salad dressings
- Kills meat bacteria and improves overall meat flavor (works as an antioxidant to prevent freezer burn in meat too)
- Improves quality of reheated food products